Barefoot Sandals Beaded and Embellished
These look like something out of I-Dream-Of-Jeannie. Are you tired of wearing flip-flops? Why not start a trend by wearing beaded barefoot sandals. A barefoot sandal (slave anklet, foot-piece or foot-flower) is jewelry designed to adorn the foot as if wearing fancy sandals with all the comfort of bare feet.
Tammy calls these Bare Foot Sandals, and she says believe it or not, I’ve sold a good number of these down here in Florida. But, I don’t think you have to live in hot weather to enjoy making these cool sandals. In fact, my sister also made a pair of these for a friend of hers who was having a beach wedding in North Carolina. She used silver chain with mother-of-pearl beads and also made matching anklets for the female members of the wedding
- Ladybead – home of the “Barefoot Sandal”. These are more like foot floss than anything else. “The sexy sandals are unique gift items, and the perfect beach sandal.”
- Anklets & Barefoot Sandals – Chainmail and Slave anklets. They also make longer anklets for boot chains. This site does a lot of work with Chain-Mail.
- ETSY – Popular items for barefoot sandals – Head on over to ETSY and see what is available
- Bare Foot Sandals – A step-by-step guide to making Barefoot Sandals” From Tammy Powley at About.com
- More – Bare Foot Sandals – Another step-by-step guide to making “Barefoot Sandals”. These sandals are a fast and fun project that you can complete in about an hour. Then head outside to the pool or beach to show them off!